Replacement Behaviour and Motivation Strategies
Duration: 3 hours
Prerequisites: None (2.1 Foundations of Behaviour and Function-based Thinking beneficial)
Price: $225 per participant
This module helps participants identify appropriate and functionally-related replacement behaviour to teach their students engaging in challenging behaviour. Participants will learn how to identify and select appropriate skills based on the student’s behavioural profile such as assessing skill and performance deficits. The effective use of reinforcement to increase skills and strategies to harness a student’s motivation to learn and use new skills and behaviour is covered.
Included in the registration is access to MultiLit Learning and Behaviour Profile, MultiLit Reinforcer List and additional resources to enhance motivation in students.
Units of study
- Identifying replacement behaviour
- Functionally equivalent behaviour
- Skill and performance deficits
- The effective use of reinforcement
- Motivation and its effects on behaviour
- Factors that impact motivation
- Strategies to improve motivation